Assembling Rattan Furniture: How to Make Life Easier
Our top tips for assembling rattan furnitureThanks to this incredible heatwave, we've been spending a lot more time in the garden. When it comes to relaxing outdoors, there's nothing nicer than a great set of garden furniture to put your feet up on! But no-one wants to be struggling with flatpack nonsense. If you're assembling rattan furniture this summer, you'll definitely want to follow these tips to make your life easier.
1. Check for any damage to the parcelIf your package has arrived in a damaged state, chances are your furniture could be too. Inspect any potential issues and get in touch with the courier or the store immediately to resolve the problem. It's important to stay vigilant - there's nothing worse than putting your set together to discover damage later down the line. Especially when it wasn't your fault!
2. Get organised from the beginningDon't make things hard for yourself. Start by laying out all the parts in your package and identifying them carefully. Dig out the instructions and keep them safe - they will be your lifeline during this process. Ensure that you have all the parts listed in the instructions and you're good to go.
3. Assemble on a suitable surfaceWhen assembling rattan furniture, you want to make sure that you are comfortable and the furniture will be secure. A soft mat or carpet is ideal as it will prevent any scratches or scrapes! If you can't kneel down or stand for too long, consider assembling the furniture on a table where you can sit comfortably.
Top tip: Assemble your table upside down on the ground so it's easy to attach the legs.
4. Have all the tools readyRead through the instructions and make sure you've got any tools you need before you start assembling. Don't be that person who gets halfway through then has to make an emergency trip to the DIY store! It happens to the best of us, but this is our warning to you.
5. Don't tighten the screws properlyFirstly, when assembling rattan furniture, you should never tighten your screws with a screwdriver. Gently tighten the screws by hand to ensure everything is in its correct place. When the assembly is complete, you can then tighten the screws further by hand to keep them in place. They should never be over-tight due to the expansion and shrinkage of rattan through changing weather conditions.
July 17, 2018