Creating Mini Sledges to Hang on the Christmas Tree
How to create mini sledge decorations for the Christmas treeWhat you'll need:
- 2 regular lollipop sticks per sledge(from any good craft store)
- 5 small lollipop sticks per sledge
- wood stain
- wood glue
- twine or string
- glue dots
- any embellishments (e.g. mini bells, faux greenery)
- Glue four of the smaller lollipop sticks together with the first and last stick slightly taller than the middle ones.
- Wait for them to dry.
- Paint the dry sticks any colour you choose - we like red! Allow them to dry.
- Use the wood stain to colour the two regular lollipop sticks.
- When all the sticks are dry, glue the two regular sticks to the sides of the smaller sticks to create a sledge shape. See below.
- You should have one smaller stick left over. Paint this to match the other smaller sticks then stick it horizontally across the front of the sledge.
- Use the glue dots to attach the twine to each end of the horizontal stick to create somewhere to hold on to! It'll look more effective if you stick this on the underside. If you don't have glue dots, regularly glue will work.
- Now you can add any embellishments you like to the sledges to jazz them up a bit. Adding jingle bells makes them look really festive, or sprinkle with some glitter for a bit of a magic!
November 29, 2017