How-to Guide: How to Clean Industrial Tolix Dining Chairs
How to clean industrial Tolix dining chairsNow, you're probably thinking one of two things when it comes to industrial Tolix dining chairs. Either this rough-and-ready style of furniture doesn't need cleaning or that you wouldn't know where to start if you tried. Are we right? Well, we're here to tell you that all furniture should be cleaned if you want it to look good as new. And it's not that difficult to clean metal chairs like the Tolix dining chairs. In today's guide, we'll run through the quickest and simplest method to get your Tolix furniture looking great.
What you'll need
- Bucket of hot, soapy water
- Large sheet or tarpaulin for ground covering
- Scrubbing brush
- Old toothbrush
- Access to a hose
- Towel or soft cloth
- Metal polish
- You can regularly wipe down your Tolix dining chairs with a cloth whenever you like but if you need to give it a proper deep clean - here are your instructions. Start by filling a bucket with hot, soapy water.
- Take your Tolix chairs outdoors, using a large sheet or tarpaulin to protect them from the ground. Then, you can begin to clean them by dipping the scrubbing brush in the soapy water and wash with circular motions. Aim to scrub the whole surface of the chair.
- Now, you need to work into any smaller crevices or hard-to-reach places with an old toothbrush. Repeat step 2 but with a smaller tool this time!
- Next, rinse off the excess soapy liquid with a garden hose. You may need to repeat this step several times until all the soap has definitely disappeared.
- Take your clean towel or soft cloth and wipe the chair dry. This is super important to get right! Metal should not be left wet for long or else watermarks and rust can start to form. And that's what we want to avoid.
- Now, you can apply metal polish or a wax to the furniture to keep it looking impeccable. You can easily find the right stuff at your local DIY store or online! Of course, you can skip this step but we recommend it if you really want to maintain your Tolix dining chairs.
- And you're finished! Hopefully, your chairs look good as new.
December 13, 2018