2. Purpose and Lawful Basis for processing your data We have two purposes for processing your personal data: • • To sell our products to you and carry out any logistics for delivery or return of goods This purpose allows Lakeland Furniture to lawfully process your data for legitimate interests (GDPR 6F) and our legal obligations to your country’s tax and revenue authorities. • • To inform, inspire and engage with you about our brilliant colours, products and services This purpose allows Lakeland Furniture to seek your consent to process your data for communication, education and marketing purposes (GDPR 1). Without your explicit consent, Lakeland Furniture will not process your data for this purpose. The purpose and lawful basis for processing your data may change from time to time, where this policy will be updated.
3. Consent Your consent will be an explicit action from 25th May 2018. Because of the need for consent we will not use defaulted opt-in checkboxes or include your personal data for communication and marketing purposes where you have asked only for a transactional email (receipts, proof of delivery etc…). We will keep your given consent on file for a period of up to 7 years from the last change before checking if your consent is still valid. This is in line with our average customer project cycle. We will not contact you if you have withdrawn consent, but you can grant or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at www.lakeland-furniture.co.uk. At 7 years we will write to you by email or post, depending on your preferences, with a statement of consent and your current choices. We will then send a reminder email after 30 days if no contact has been received. If this is not responded to then we will take that your granting of consent is still valid. We will also include the opportunity to unsubscribe or withdraw consent on all marketing emails.
5. How and why we use your personal data We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your orders and provide our services to you - When you purchase from us, or seek advice, we use your information to perform our services in relation to your purchase or enquiry, for example to provide you with product, tailor specific advice to your project’s needs or change bookings for consultancy appointments.
- Email Address & Telephone Number - We use this to communicate with you about your order. It is passed to our third party supplier and courier to communicate with you about delivery only. If you provide a mobile number, you’ll receive text messages from our courier with delivery updates. Your email address will be used to ask you to give feedback on our products or services, and may be shared with our third party review platform to send feedback requests on our behalf. It will be used to create a member account if you so choose.
- Delivery Notes / Instructions - Any delivery notes are passed to our third party suppliers and couriers to deliver your order as per your instructions.
- Stock Reminder Email - On our out-of-stock products you can click “Email me when back in stock” to receive an email notification when the product comes back into stock. If you choose to enter an email address in the field provided, the email address will only be used to send you the notification, and it will not be used for any other purpose.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you Occasionally we may need to contact you by email and/or telephone for administrative or operational reasons, for example in order to send you confirmation of your purchases and your payments, to inform you about your consultancy appointments, to notify you when backordered products are available or to advise you of disruption and changes to your appointments and deliveries. If you are using our mobile app, we may also send you app notifications for these purposes. Please be aware that these communications are not made for marketing purposes and as such, you will continue to receive them even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. We will also use your personal data if we contact you after you have sent us a request, filled in a web-form through our website or contacted us on social media. Your opinion is very important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback. We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for customers.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience We may use your personal data in order to tailor our services to your needs and preferences and to provide you with a personalised customer experience. For example, if you inform us about your preferred products, colours or style we will be able to send you inspirational tips and ideas relevant to your interests. We may also collect information on how you use our website, which pages of our website you visit most, which colours, finishes or product you search for and what products you buy, in order to understand what you like. We may use this information to tailor the content and offers that you see on our website and, if you have agreed to receiving marketing communications, to send you relevant messages that we think you like. If you are in the process of making a purchase under your account and you leave our website before your order has been placed, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your purchase.
- To inform you about our news and offers that you may like We may send you marketing communications, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these, for example when you create an account on our website or purchase from us in-store and you explicitly agree to receive such communications. You can also request us to send you marketing communications through managing your preferences in your account. If you are happy to receive marketing communications, we will provide you with news from us such as new products that you may be interested in or services that you may like. In addition, if you are happy to receive marketing communications, we may send you communications promoting our partners’ products and services that may be related with your purchase history. Please note that we do not share your contact details and other personal data with other companies for marketing purposes, unless we have obtained your consent to do so. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, you can simply tell us so by clicking the relevant box before confirming your booking. You can also choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related email you may receive from us. If you have a Lakeland Furniture online account, you can easily manage your marketing preferences through your account and you can at any time opt out from receiving marketing communications, by clicking on the “Contact Preferences” section of your account. If you prefer, you can also call our Customer Service team and express your preference to not receive marketing communications (Tel. +44 (0(84408706961) or send an email to [email protected] with the header “Unsubscribe”. We ask that you allow 28 working days to complete any unsubscribe request.
- To improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes and protect our business interests The business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, fraud screening, security and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development.
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example, our obligation to provide your information to local police agencies.
6. Requesting access to your personal data You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. This could include purchase information relating to products and services. Click here for more information. If you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: [email protected]
7. Right to be forgotten You have a right to be forgotten and have data erased and / or stop being processed where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose of collection, you withdraw consent, when you object to the processing or to comply with a legal obligation. We will not erase your records as we need to maintain your transactional data for our legal obligations to the local tax and revenue authorities. What we will undertake is to anonymise your records, overwriting your personal data with fictional names, addresses and emails. Once this has been done it will be impossible to restore a single customer, and a new customer registration will be required. We have a number of security and governance protections in place that will be excluded from your right to be forgotten:
Encrypted system backups, held for up to 10 years. It is practically impossible to alter these backup files • • Our anti-spam and email gateway. We maintain email archiving for security reasons, and your info may be kept in this archive. Access to this gateway is limited to named data controllers for Lakeland Furniture. If you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: [email protected]
8. Right to restrict processing You have a right for your personal data to be stored but not processed. This is achieved through the withdrawal of consent. If you have questions in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: [email protected]
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow you use our website and use its specific features, such as adding products to your basket or to your wishlist. The cookies also assist in security measures we have in place.
- Performance cookies – these cookies allow us to measure our website performance, improve its features as well as your shopping experience. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Targeting & advertising cookies – these cookies collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our website. They also help us to analyse the performance of our marketing activities and help to make sure we only show you a limited number of our ads. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
11. Sharing your personal data Your personal data may be disclosed to a third party who acquires us, a member of our Group or substantially all of our assets. We may also share some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties:
- Suppliers providing services to us in order to help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience. We may for example share your personal data with the companies who provide deliveries for us. We may also disclose your information to the companies who help us get your feedback on our services. At Lakeland Furniture, we select very carefully our suppliers who process your personal data on our behalf and require that they comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data.
- Credit and debit card companies Lakeland Furniture shares some of your personal data, which includes information about your method of payment and purchase value, to the credit or debit card company that issued the card you used to make your booking. In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud screening partner.
- Our partners who offer home decoration / furnishing related products and services on our website, promote offers or co-organise competitions From time to time, we make certain third party offers available through our website or we publish competitions co-organised by third parties. If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties, accept offers or participate in a competition, some of your personal data, such as your contact details and your billing information, may be directly collected by or disclosed to that third party.
- Authorities We may disclose your personal data when this is required by the law of any jurisdiction to which Lakeland Furniture may be subject.